Date Posted Notice Information.
9/15/2020 – At the September meeting, we voted to make several additions to the Fritz Field Rules. This clarifies how we should be addressing ELECTRIC planes specifically .
Here are excerpts of what was added
Do not fly alone. Have someone else there in case of an incident.
Make sure someone at the field has a cell phone, so that 911 can be reached if an emergency exists.
Electric powered aircraft. It is strongly suggested to have an external arming/disarming plug.
Engine starting. ABSOLUTLY No starting or running on tables or stands under the covered areas of the pilot areas. Start combustion engines at the flight line or in the area between the flight line and pit area. Electric’s must also be armed in this area.
All models (INCLUDING ELECTRIC) need to be restrained by, a person holding the model on the ground, a plane restraint anchored in the ground, or on a starting stand, when starting combustion engines, or for electric when arming the motor (plugging in the battery without an external arming switch disconnected is arming)
All combustion engines must be stopped at the flight line, and electrics must be disconnected from the battery at the flight line.
When working on Electric planes on Carport tables either the battery must be removed from plane, or Prop taken off the aircraft, or 1 of the 3 wires disconnected from the motor.
9.15.2020 A few other highlights from the September meeting.
Frank Papasavas resigned as club Secretary. George Cooper was installed by the Executive Board to replace Frank for the remainder of the term.
NFMI 2021 Budget was reviewed and will be voted on at the October meeting.
NFMI is planning a tailgate swap meet at Fritz Field on 10/17 from 8am until 2pm. More details in a while.
9.15.2020 Septembers Secretarys report has been posted under Club documents.
Calendar of Events
- The Legacy Of Mike Nassise October 23, 2020 aaronh
- A Building Primer October 22, 2020 aaronh
- Group building projects October 22, 2020 aaronh
- The Stratolaunch Takes Flight October 20, 2020 aaronh
- Infield Engineering 50-inch Volmer VJ-22 Sportsman October 13, 2020 aaronh
- 3D Printing A Fully Functional RC Aircraft October 13, 2020 aaronh
- AMA Leads FAA Drone Advisory Committee Sub-Group October 22, 2020 hollys
- AMA Government Affairs Fall 2020 Update October 9, 2020 hollys
- Flying In Controlled Airspace October 6, 2020 hollys
- Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) and NOTAMS September 28, 2020 hollys
- AMA Meets With White House to Discuss Remote ID and Foreign-Made UAS September 13, 2020 AMA staff
- AMA, AOPA, EAA and Google’s sister company, Wing, urge FAA to Make Essential Changes to Remote ID Rule September 11, 2020 AMA staff
- AMA District VI News November 2020 October 18, 2020
- AMA District VI News October 2020 September 15, 2020
- AMA District VI News September 2020 August 18, 2020
- 2020 Outdoor Nats in Photos August 14, 2020
- August 5, 2020: RC Helicopter August 5, 2020
- August 4, 2020: RC Helicopter August 4, 2020
- July 30, 2020: RC Soaring F3K July 30, 2020
- July 30, 2020: RC Soaring ALES July 30, 2020