Date Posted Notice Information.
9/15/2020 – At the September meeting, we voted to make several additions to the Fritz Field Rules. This clarifies how we should be addressing ELECTRIC planes specifically .
Here are excerpts of what was added
Do not fly alone. Have someone else there in case of an incident.
Make sure someone at the field has a cell phone, so that 911 can be reached if an emergency exists.
Electric powered aircraft. It is strongly suggested to have an external arming/disarming plug.
Engine starting. ABSOLUTLY No starting or running on tables or stands under the covered areas of the pilot areas. Start combustion engines at the flight line or in the area between the flight line and pit area. Electric’s must also be armed in this area.
All models (INCLUDING ELECTRIC) need to be restrained by, a person holding the model on the ground, a plane restraint anchored in the ground, or on a starting stand, when starting combustion engines, or for electric when arming the motor (plugging in the battery without an external arming switch disconnected is arming)
All combustion engines must be stopped at the flight line, and electrics must be disconnected from the battery at the flight line.
When working on Electric planes on Carport tables either the battery must be removed from plane, or Prop taken off the aircraft, or 1 of the 3 wires disconnected from the motor.
9.15.2020 A few other highlights from the September meeting.
Frank Papasavas resigned as club Secretary. George Cooper was installed by the Executive Board to replace Frank for the remainder of the term.
NFMI 2021 Budget was reviewed and will be voted on at the October meeting.
NFMI is planning a tailgate swap meet at Fritz Field on 10/17 from 8am until 2pm. More details in a while.
9.15.2020 Septembers Secretarys report has been posted under Club documents.
Calendar of Events
- District II: Health and Safety at Clubs November 24, 2020 aaronh
- Good enough to purchase three! November 24, 2020 aaronh
- A lot of soaring excitement in a small model November 12, 2020 aaronh
- Making Your Model Your Own November 12, 2020 aaronh
- Fly it on your schedule November 12, 2020 aaronh
- The Legacy Of Mike Nassise October 23, 2020 aaronh
- Senators Todd Young and Mike Braun Write Letter to the Office of Management and Budget November 20, 2020 hollys
- FAA One Step Closer to Finalizing Advisory Circular 91-57C November 13, 2020 AMA staff
- Drone Safety Awareness Week November 5, 2020 hollys
- Safety and Knowledge Test November 2, 2020 hollys
- AMA Meets with the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs October 27, 2020 hollys
- AMA Leads FAA Drone Advisory Committee Sub-Group October 22, 2020 hollys
- AMA District VI News December 2020 November 16, 2020 donaldway
- AMA District VI News November 2020 October 18, 2020 donaldway
- AMA District VI News October 2020 September 15, 2020 donaldway
- AMA District VI News September 2020 August 18, 2020 donaldway
- 2020 Outdoor Nats in Photos August 14, 2020 Ashley Rauen
- August 5, 2020: RC Helicopter August 5, 2020 Ashley Rauen
- August 4, 2020: RC Helicopter August 4, 2020 Ashley Rauen
- July 30, 2020: RC Soaring F3K July 30, 2020 Ashley Rauen